Data Analysis, Big Data, Data Science
£55,000 to £70,000 Per Annum
They are currently undergoing a change process involving their commercial business practises based on insights gained from their very own extensive data set. This position has been newly created and will give you the opportunity to really make your mark and be the Data Advocate for the firm.
They are passionate about creating a supportive and empowering working atmosphere that enables all its employees to achieve the best. This client pride itself on having a hard-working, straightforward approach that promotes individual success.
Our client is looking for an experienced Data Scientist to help the firm to capitalise on the data held from a commercial perspective. This is a key position in which your work will enable the firm to make smarter business decisions which benefit both the firm and its clients. You will be directing analysis and will be using data mining techniques to create proficient prediction systems that profit both the firm and their clients. The role includes, but not limited to, the following:
- Enhancing data collection procedures to help build analytic systems.
- Data mining using state of the art methods.
- Create anomaly detection systems so that the firm can constantly track its performance and use data to drive business outcomes.
- Processing, cleansing and verifying the integrity of the data used for analysis.
- Advance the firms processes to improve business performance and make sure the most efficient processes are being assumed.
- Work with decision makers from a variety of different sectors with their specific data requirements.
Required Experience and Key Skills:
The successful candidate will match the following criteria:
- Experience using Machine learning techniques and algorithms.
- Have an excellent knowledge of Big Data Analytics landscape and technology trends (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, NoSQL, SQL).
- Familiar with leading data visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlikview, Spotfire).
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra, Hbase).
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Be proactive, professional and driven to achieve incredible results!
- Good communication skills and be able to work in pressurised situations.
- Be willing to travel between sites.
Salary and Benefits:
In return for you hard work, you will be offered a salary ranging between £55,000 - £70,000. You will receive 25+ days of annual leave, an enhanced pension scheme and private medical cover. Our client also offers flexible working hours. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a growing organisation with strong ethical values that really support their employees.
How to Apply:
If the role of Data Scientist sounds like the ideal role for you, please apply online now! If you have any further queries regarding the role, please contact Datum Recruitment on 020 3950 3050