£60,000 to £80,000 Per Annum
Excellent work place pension
Our client is looking for an experienced software engineer who has real world experience working with Big Data processing pipelines and distributed systems.
Our client is a start-up organisation who pride themselves on integrating their sophisticated modelling and analysis with their client’s business systems in order to give their clients a strategic insight into business decisions. As a Big Data Engineer, you will be designing and implementing end to end data analysis.
- Identifying and documenting constraints (such as performance, efficiency, cost etc) during the design process;
- Working effectively with colleagues and clients to arrive at approaches that satisfy those constraints;
- Planning and directly supporting implementation of live production systems;
- Writing reusable code with minimum supervision;
- Automating wherever possible and practical;
- Testing methodically, thoroughly and quickly;
- Mentoring less experienced team members and driving innovation as a 'thought leader' within the practice.Required Experience and
The successful candidate will have match the following criteria:
- Working in a distributed computing setting (e.g. Hadoop MapReduce, Spark)
- Practical experience in "Data Science" programming languages such as Python, R, Scala, Java, etc.
- Practical experience working with at least two database technologies such as RDBMS, noSQL, Graph etc.
- Using a ticket-based system for coding projects (such as JIRA);
- Developing code with a version control system (such as Git or Subversion);
- Writing unit tests to ensure the quality of your code (such as Scalatest, JUnit);
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or similar) minimum 2:1 is essential
- A relevant post graduate degree is desirable but not essential
Salary and Benefits:
The successful candidate will receive a competitive remuneration package with a salary ranging between £60,000 to £80,000, depending on qualifications and experience.
Other benefits including an excellent work place pension as well as a business Macbook and an amazing work location based in Central Manchester.
How to Apply:If the role of Big Data Engineer sounds like the ideal role for you, please apply online now! If you have any further queries regarding the role, please contact Datum Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 3950 30 50.