£60,000 to £70,000 Per Annum
Our client is looking for an experienced software engineer who has real world experience working with Big Data processing pipelines and distributed systems.
Our client is a leading organisation that supports its clients in a variety of different industries including telecommunication and finance to truly drive their business forward. They pride themselves on creating a working environment that brings the best out of all their employees. Our clients strive to be the best and are looking for the most talented candidates to join their ambitious team. As a Big Data Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing end to end data analysis.
- Create innovative solutions with customers.
- Build robust pipelines and data wrangling to be fed into machine learning models.
- Identifying and documenting constraints (such as performance, efficiency, cost etc.) during the design process.
- Working effectively with our client’s tech partners.
- Planning and directly supporting implementation of live production systems.
- Work in a dynamic environment that includes data scientists, machine learning experts and data analysts.
Required Experience and Key Skills:
The successful candidate will have match the following criteria:
- Proven ability to:
- MSc or BSc in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Have at least 1 – 2 years of building big data solutions.
- Have worked in a distributed computing setting (e.g. Hadoop MapReduce, Spark).
- Practical experience in "Data Science" programming languages such as Python, R, Scala, Java, etc.
- Be able to work to tight deadlines, thrive when under pressure, and manage time accordingly.
- Be resilient to overcome challenges and obstacles in order to make sure the job gets done.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- You must be highly passionate about data and analytics!
Salary and Benefits:
The successful candidate will receive a competitive remuneration package and salary depending on qualifications and experience up to £75,000. Other benefits including an excellent work place pension as well as business Macbook and an amazing work location based in Central London. You also get 25+ days of annual leave and have to opportunity to regulars attend social and networking events.
How to Apply:
If the role of Big Data Engineer sounds like the ideal role for you, please apply online now! If you have any further queries regarding the role, please contact Datum Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 3950 3050